Comments: Lisa: potty mouth

You are not alone. I don't think I have ever gone to the extreme measures as in #4. My biggest frustration is that it NEVER flushes by itself. I always have to push the button. Luckily I've never had a problem finding the button. But really, it takes a minute for a toliet to flush so why should the flushing begin after the stall is opened? I hate that.

Posted by Mindy at September 26, 2006 10:22 PM

There is a toilet at the library with no lever or button at all that I can find. So frustrating.

Posted by lisa at September 26, 2006 11:03 PM

Ummm... Remember the insane-o toilets at Wal-Mart? hee hee hee.

Posted by Mallory at September 27, 2006 12:03 AM

You forgot that when waiting for the sensor to realize you've left the toilet seat and commence flushing, you press your entire body flat against the stall door, hoping that the sensor will flush due to the lack-of-stall-occupant. So now you've touched the door also.

Oh, and I don't like self-flushing toilets because I feel like I'm being watched. By the man that lives inside that black box above the toilet seat. Creepy man.

Posted by sarah at September 27, 2006 08:11 AM

My work has automatic flush toilets. I'm so accustomed to them I find myself walking away from unflushed toilets everywhere expecting them to flush themselves. Did you hear that, I now expect toilets to flush themselves. Oy.

Posted by tracifree at September 27, 2006 08:40 AM

I'm with you! Except I can't leave either unless the toilet flushes - imagine opening that door with a yellow-and-brown swirl-filled bowl for your co-worker to see! Ew!

Posted by Roonie at September 27, 2006 10:14 AM

most automatic tiolets i encounter are of the urinal variety
which nobody flushes anyway, so its good
also the splashage is less of a problem without the bowl
also at snow college there are these urinals that will flush if you walk by, so when you go back to the stalls, every toilet flushes in succesion. Rather amusing.

Posted by Young Jeffrey at October 2, 2006 02:19 PM